Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. it is also famous for its traditional Georgian Feasts known as a Supra.
It is normally laden with dishes and continues for many hours and are offered spontaneously to only the luckiest of visitors where villagers ply guests with local dishes and endless pours of strong, homemade wine, accompanied by countless long, nostalgic and heartfelt toasts! We will concentrate on the food and let you try that out at home! With lots of strong flavours and plenty of garlic and chilli – learn how to make the following dishes:
- Chicken in garlic and walnut sauce
- Spiced lamb kebabs
- Kupati – spiced Georgian pork sausage
- Winter kidney bean salad – spiced with cumin and coriander
- Soko sunelebit – spiced stuffed mushrooms
- Khakhvis pkhali – shallot pate
- Khinkali – beef and pork dumplings (as per the image!)
- Mtsvane ajika – green chilli paste
- Tkemal –plum sauce
- Vashlebi – baked apple dumplings
The perfect alternative to our traditional British Christmas feast! Come hungry…..