Nothing beats the smell of pastry baking – standing in the queue at Gatineau in Oxford during lockdown was always a highlight – now its your turn to recreate little dishes of utter joy. Once mastered the world is your oyster in terms of fillings!
So let Caroline start your journey with this introductory class to the world of pastry and baking we will be tackling shortcrust and sweet pastry, choux pastry and a simple sponge.
Out of these very deceptive titles we will be producing an array of sweet and savoury treats guaranteed to impress! Dishes will include:
- Spinach, walnut and Stilton quiche
- Salmon, lemon and dill quiche
- Creme patisserie & black cherry tart
- Frangipane & apricot tart
- Chocolate custard & poached pear tart
- Choux buns and éclairs with assorted fillings
- Raspberry roulade
We have limited places on this class so book fast to avoid disappointment!