This class is the perfect way to start your journey into Food Fermentation. It is simple to do, honestly! By the time you leave the class you have will have several jars of fermenting goodness, countless notes to be able to make your own at home (and many variations too!). Simon has written a book about the subject so he is the prefect person to impart this information to you. Ask questions – lots of them it is the best way to learn!
So some of the benefits of this type of preserving:
- Makes food more digestible.
- Fermented foods have more nutrients.
- Chock full of good bacteria (probiotics).
- Helps keep your immune system healthy.
- Helps curb sugar cravings.
- Lactic acid promotes growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Increases flavour of foods.
Learn how to make sauerkraut, kimchi, preserved lemons and other vegetables and fruit ferments. Discover new ways of combining these ancient foods into everyday meals. At the end of the course you will have three items to ferment at home along with recipes and the knowledge and confidence to experiment further. We will even provide the jars for you!!!