Gujarati food may be India’s best kept culinary secret. It is renowned for it use particularly of pulses and combining sweet, sour and savory flavours into their dishes. In this class we’ll introduce you to the Gujarati cooking using ingredients such as fenugreek, asafetida and bottle gourd!
Dishes will include:
- Muthia – steamed vegetable dumplings with fenugreek, bottle gourd and other vegetables stir fried after steaming with mustard and sesame seeds
- Dudhi ane chana ni dal – bottle gourd and split Bengal fram with curry leaves; served with basmati rice
- Tikkhi velmi – pastries stuffed with spicy (tikkhi) filling made from toor dal (split pigeon peas), red onions, cloves and mint
- Green coriander and coconut chutney
- Rava no halvo – sweet made of semolina, ghee (clarified butter), milk, sultanas, cashew nuts and almonds
All levels welcome – why not come along and out more about India’s best kept secret regional cuisine!