The Portuguese proved to be “hungry” explorers and their food reflects this till today in its diverse use of spices and cooking techniques.
Seafood is integral and not surprisingly the Portugese consume more fish per capita than many other countries…..rumour has it, they enjoy a little drink too 😉 They left their stamp in many of the countries they once colonised and we will do some justice to this vibrant, wonderful, humble yet sophisticated nations food and culture.
- Sardinhas Grelhadas à Portuguesa – grilled sardines Portugese style
- Ameijoas a bulhao pato – clams with wine and herbs
- Almôndegas – Portuguese meatballs
- Bife grelhado com salada portuguesa – grilled steak with Portuguese salad
- Bolinhos de bacalhau – sald cod fritters with tomato & red pepper relish
- Bola de Berlim – custard doughnut
Come hungry and ready to have a good time, this is a first for the Jericho Kitchen and we can’t wait!!!