Do you want to be a more sustainable cook? Are you passionate about eating seasonally and buying local ingredients? Do you want to know how to shop smart, avoid food waste and use up odds and ends?
In this workshop, Marcia will help you to change the way you think, buy and cook fresh ingredients to make your home kitchen more sustainable. You’ll prepare fresh, zingy recipes using seasonal fruits and vegetables, heritage grains, pulses or creamy beans with swirled-in salsas, a little sustainable fish, dairy and much more. What are you waiting for? Dishes will include:
- One pan summer veg with Spanish spice, local fried eggs and golden breadcrumbs
- Chickpea flour pancakes, heritage tomatoes and British artisan cheese
- Late summer fish curry with coconut, spinach and fresh turmeric
- Spiced heritage grains, end of the week veg, herbs, nuts and seeds
- Quick pickled summer veg (please bring a jam jar with lid)
- Quick pickled vegetables – we will supply you with your own jar to take away
Other Sustainable Kitchen dates coming up:
- Friday 2nd October @ 10.30am – 2.30pm
- Saturday 21st November @ 10.30am – 2.30pm
We are sure that this class will be extremely popular so book fast to avoid disappointment – suitable for all levels of kitchen confidence!