Do you want to be a more sustainable cook? Are you passionate about eating seasonally and buying local ingredients? Do you want to know how to shop smart, avoid food waste and use up odds and ends?
In this workshop, Marcia will help you to change the way you think, buy and cook fresh ingredients to make your home kitchen more sustainable. You’ll prepare fresh, zingy recipes using seasonal fruits and vegetables, heritage grains, pulses or creamy beans with swirled-in salsas, a little sustainable fish, dairy and much more. What are you waiting for? Dishes will include:
- Socca, autumnal mushrooms, Lord of the Hundreds Sussex cheese
- British chickpeas with saffron onions, tomato and spinach
- Crispy hake with all the herbs and garlic breadcrumbs
- British spelt with sweet potato, summer preserved tomatoes and parsley-caper salsa
- Apple, blackberry and cobnut galettes
- Quick pickled vegetables (please ask the students to bring a glass jar)
Other Sustainable Kitchen dates coming up:
- Friday 11th September @ 10.30am – 2.30pm
- Saturday 21st November @ 10.30am – 2.30pm
We are sure that this class will be extremely popular so book fast to avoid disappointment – suitable for all levels of kitchen confidence!