Do you want to be a more sustainable cook? Are you passionate about eating seasonally and buying local ingredients? Do you want to know how to shop smart, avoid food waste and use up odds and ends?
In this workshop, Marcia will help you to change the way you think, buy and cook fresh ingredients to make your home kitchen more sustainable. You’ll prepare fresh, zingy recipes using seasonal fruits and vegetables, heritage grains, pulses or creamy beans with swirled-in salsas, a little sustainable fish, dairy and much more. What are you waiting for? Dishes will include:
- Celeriac fritters with caper-rosemary alioli
- Sort-of-Caesar with borlotti, beet tops and radicchio
- British lentils, spiced roasted beetroot, caramelised onions and strained yoghurt
- One pot chicken with preserved lemon and how to make a better chicken stock
- Fairtrade dark chocolate, coffee and olive oil cake
We are sure that this class will be extremely popular so book fast to avoid disappointment – suitable for all levels of kitchen confidence!