If you haven’t been to Venice one of the most exciting discoveries is hidden in the backstreets and it is their bacari – tiny neighbourhood bars that serve up some of the city’s tastiest food and wine. As Truman Capote once said..”Venice, “is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go. It intoxicates; it cloys; it is irresistible!” So let Ursula transport you for an evening of truly authentic Venetian food.
- Instalata di borlotti e pomodri – Borlotti beans and tomato salad
- Sarde in saor – Fried marinated sardines with onions
- Bigoli col ragu de anara – Bigoli with duck ragu
- Lamponi al vino – Raspberries in rose wine
- Torta Morbida alla ricotta – Ricotta pudding cake
All dishes are paired and served with Waitrose wine.
Waitrose and Partners 110-120 Botley Rd, Oxford OX2 0HH – plenty of parking!!!